Eaton College is a co-educational, special purpose educational facility for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). With no ASD specific school in the Townsville region, Eaton College was born out of a desire to meet the needs of children with ASD in our local community.
Currently under construction, it is proposed that Stage 1 of the College will open its doors in 2023 for up to 20 Prep and Lower Primary students only. The full capacity of Stage 1 caters for up to 40 students with class sizes at a maximum of 10 students. Over time the College has the capacity to extend up to Year 10, with the addition of 40 students in the additional Stage 2 and Stage 3 respectively. The maximum capacity of Eaton College is 120 students, and this is expected to be reached over a 10-year period.
The College is welcoming applications for a full-time Classroom Teacher for the commencement of classes in 2023.
Reporting to the Director of Eaton College, this role exists to provide excellent education for students with Autism working towards quality of life and focusing on educational outcomes. They would need to provide quality instruction within the College’s Biblical framework and in accordance with the Australian Curriculum and QCAA requirements.
The ideal applicant will have the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Bachelor of Education or Graduate Diploma of Education (coupled with other undergraduate degree level qualification)
- A current Queensland College of Teachers registration
- Demonstrate exemplary interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Patience and a high degree of understanding and compassion
- Have clinical or educational experience of working with students with Autism
- Support the Christian ethos of the College
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must contain:
- A cover letter addressing the applicant’s suitability for the role in relation to the selection criteria, and
- A current resume
For more information, including a Position Description for the role, please visit www.eatoncollege.qld.edu.au