|Position Title:||Facilities Coordinator|
|Award:||Educational Services (Schools) General Staff Award 2020|
|Level/Salary:||Level 4, Operational Services Grade 4|
|Weeks worked per year:||52|
|Reports to:||Business Manager|
Cooloola Christian College is committed to providing a child safe environment where students feel, and are, safe. The College maintains a zero tolerance for child abuse. Every person involved in the College has a responsibility to understand the important and specific role they play, both individually and collectively, to ensure that the wellbeing and safety of all students is at the forefront of every decision they make.
To support and contribute to the functioning of the College by creating an attractive, safe and functional school environment, undertaking property and maintenance services to the College.
Essential Position Requirements
- Current Qld Paid Workers Blue Card
- Current Qld Driver’s License
- Working At Heights Certificate – can be done on the job
- Hands-on maintenance Skills
- Experience in maintenance of buildings and building services or similar experience
- Developed communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and to efficiently organise the work within area of responsibility
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Proficiency in the use of IT systems relevant to maintenance
- Ability to show initiative
- Ability to self-direct
- High level organisation skills
- Time management
- Contractor management
- Maintenance schedule
- Ability to be responsible for driving processes
- Ability to be proactive regarding Work Health & Safety
- Possess a “can do” attitude
- Oversee facility maintenance of the entire College including ELC.
- To provide a safe and attractive school environment.
- To maintain facilities, equipment and services needed to provide high quality education throughout the school.
- To operate within the requirements of the established budget.
- To be proactive in ensuring that the school environment meets and is maintained to current WH&S standards.
- To assist in set up and pack down for College events.
BUILDING & PROPERTY MANAGEMENT & MAINTENANCE
- Maintain buildings, fixtures, fittings and services in a serviceable and attractive condition and in accordance with WH&S guidelines.
- Repair/purchase and/or replace all damaged items in buildings/fixtures/fittings, etc. and/or arrange for same through approved contractors.
- Maintain current records of the location of utility service lines – gas, water, electricity, phone and computer network lines.
- Prioritise and address the day-to-day requests for maintenance from College staff.
- As the first point of call for repairs and maintenance, ensure that all requests are attended to in a timely manner.
- To oversee, schedule and coordinate tradespersons and contractors, including ensuring that appropriate fire and WHS induction has been conducted.
- To oversee PA/lights and bell systems.
DIRECT ASSISTANCE TO TEACHING STAFF
- Provide assistance (not to be responsible for) practical arrangements of functions, on-site activities and specific projects.
- Arranging the assembly of purchased items e.g. furniture assembly.
- Provide assistance with classroom reallocation as needed.
- Assist management and staff with difficult situations e.g. fire, flood, intruders, graffiti removal and ensure that the appropriate response units are notified.
- Oversee the College key allocation for staff, contractors and visitors, as appropriate.
- Oversee the cleaning contractor and be the point of contact on the ground to maintain standards in hygiene, storage, operational processes and WH&S standards.
- Attend to cyclical cleaning of heating/cooling equipment.
- Regular WH&S checks
- Fire panels
- Thermo devices
- Back flow
- Take reasonable care for own health and safety.
- Take reasonable care that any acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of others.
- Comply, as far as reasonably able, with any reasonable instruction that is given by the College to allow compliance with the legislation.
- Co-operate with any reasonable policy or procedure of Cooloola Christian College relating to health or safety at the school, that has been notified to staff.
- Attend WHS information, instruction and training opportunities, as provided, and apply learning.
Probation and Performance Review
The College is committed to wherever possible providing a 12 month period for assessment of an employee’s performance and ongoing employment.
As such, a Probation and Performance Review for an employee occurs in two parts. Firstly, there is a probation period of 6 months and if required, a further 6 month extended performance review period.
Further information is included in your individual employment contract.
As a Christian community, we seek to live according to Biblical guidelines and by modelling the way Christ lived when we walked amongst us.
Our values represent how we aim to be Christ-like in all that we do and say. Hence our values are reflected in our actions and behavior.
Every day, all members of our school community will strive to be: