Freshwater Christian College invites applications from gifted Christian educators to lead their dynamic K-12 school in Northern Queensland.
Freshwater Christian College is located in the beautiful tropical environment of Cairns. Renowned for offering a genuinely Christian environment that enriches the child’s mind, body and spirit, the College has two streams running throughout. Situated on extensive land in the suburb of Brinsmead, Cairns, Freshwater offers a safe, caring and Christian environment for its 580 students. Its warm and vibrant community developed as a ministry of Freshwater Church, an institution that started in 1924. Freshwater is an independent co-educational school that has enjoyed strong growth. Its facilities are fresh and new and sit on a site within a few minutes of the sea and the bustling center of Cairns with all its facilities and multiple attractions.
The College Board seeks a strong and courageous leader whose Christian faith informs their professional practice. The successful applicant must be able to provide future-focussed educational direction, protect the Christ-centred culture of the College, ensure growth and strategic development and deliver strong academic, co-curricular, pastoral and spiritual outcomes. The successful candidate will be able to translate ideas and concepts into action, analyse complex situations and engage others proactively to foster required change and continual improvement. Commencing in January 2023, or earlier by negotiation, the successful candidate will be a motivated, relational leader, with a dynamic presence and ability to communicate well with all members of the Freshwater community.
The appointee will be able to:
- Lead, promote and demonstrate the principles and values of a Christian Education
- Clearly articulate a compelling strategic vision which enhances the quality of education at the College and anticipates the future needs of learners and teachers
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement in education, with thorough knowledge of developments at international, national and state levels
- Demonstrate the knowledge and successful record of implementation of a range of executive leadership principles and practices in managing change and innovation in an inclusive and collaborative manner
- Manage high level and complex wellbeing matters in a timely and effective manner
- Provide an executive level of leadership in all aspects of the College’s operations, including resourcing and people management, financial management, marketing, fundraising, communications and governance
- Empower staff, students and parents to engage with the College community through effective relationships
Freshwater Christian College has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment and where their voices are heard about decisions that affect their lives.
The Freshwater Christian College Council has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack and associated documents, please contact Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Tim Hawkes via email email@example.com
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications close Monday 6th June at 5.00pm