“Right Start Bright Future”
Due to growth of the College, Calvary Christian College is inviting applications for a Secondary English and Humanities Teacher to join our team for the 2023 academic year, commencing 16 January 2023 upon successful application.
Calvary Christian College, situated in beautiful Townsville, North Queensland, is a co-educational independent school providing excellence in Christian education to over 900 students from our Early Learning Centre through to Year 12.
At Calvary we are committed to equipping and empowering our students to be emotionally, physically, intellectually, socially and spiritually resilient in preparation for the real world.
Our students have access to people, programs, technology and facilities that will foster and develop their character and skills to enable them to effectively and successfully interact in their world. We teach our students the value of respect for themselves, each other, and those in authority.
Reporting to the Director of Secondary College, Classroom Teachers are responsible for providing quality instruction within the College’s Christian worldview and in accordance with the Australian Curriculum and QCAA requirements.
New graduates and Permission to Teach applicants are encouraged to apply.
The ideal applicant will:
- Hold a Bachelor of Education or postgraduate qualification in education coupled with an undergraduate degree-level qualification
- Hold a current Queensland College of Teachers registration
- Demonstrate excellent, current classroom teaching techniques and practices that meet diverse needs and learning styles of students, and are consistent with relevant curriculum and policies
- Have the ability to create a culture of learning and achievement through effective planning, student management, classroom resource organisation and engaging learning strategies
- Possess exemplary professional manner, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Have an enthusiastic desire and resolute commitment to actively contribute to the culture and values of the College
- Actively support and uphold the College’s Christian ethos
All applications are to be submitted by email to email@example.com and must include:
- A completed Application Pack (available on the College website: www.calvary.qld.edu.au/contact/careers)
- A cover letter addressing the above selection criteria
- A current resume
Applications close 22 December 2022.
You will receive email notification that your application has been received by the College. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited to interview.
Please visit www.calvary.qld.edu.au or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about our teaching vacancies.