ACS Executive Director: Public Policy & Advocacy AnnouncementNovember 15, 2022
ACS expands its Executive Director Team
Following Dr Lynne Doneley’s announcement of her retirement from full time work as our much loved and respected Executive Director, Associated Christian Schools is delighted to announce the appointment of Alistair Macpherson to an expanded ACS Executive Director team.
In 2023 Alistair will take on a new part-time role of Executive Director: Public Policy & Advocacy.
Throughout the recruitment process it was clear that Alistair;
- had the heart of ACS schools
- was representative of the ACS ethos re engagement and advocacy matters
- bought a highly advanced and respected skill set, in addition to a far-reaching network of contacts, and
- would build on Lynne’s legacy of walking alongside ACS schools to assist them to be ‘standard bearers’ of excellence.
Of course, Alistair is already a well-known friend to ACS schools, having been recognised as an ACS Fellow in 2021. Alistair will be working for ACS two days a week, while remaining Managing Director of Corney and Lind.
The role of Executive Director: Public Policy & Advocacy will initially focus on three areas:
- Advocating for the position of Christian Schooling.
- Educating and equipping Principals, School Leaders and Board Members on governance, compliance and legal matters, but not intended to be as in-house legal counsel role.
- Providing assistance generally to School Principals and leaders in navigating various issues of significant concern that might arise.
What’s Next for ACS – Lynne’s fulltime Executive Director position has been advertised through Resolve Consulting, and closed this week, with interviews to follow.
I know the ACS family will join me in congratulating and welcoming Alistair to this new role.
ACS Board Chair